I am...

My photo
21/female with an unconditional passion for the world of creativity. Created a peacemaker, negotiator, calmer, & inventor of many things. I watch, I write, & I wait as my total reverie comes to pass. I learn as I listen, & I apply what I learn. I've a mind's eye & wish to share most everything with those willing to explore my world.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Encourage One Another Daily...

"What has never come into a man's heart is what God has prepared for those who love Him."
- 1 Corinthians 2:9

Are you experiencing the benefits of your covenant relationship with God through Christ, or do the benefits you read about in Scripture seem more like warm, fuzzy thoughts? God has graciously extended these five benefits to us:

1) To know God and believe Him
2) To glorify God
3) To find satisfaction in God
4) To experience God's peace
5) To enjoy God's presence

These five benefits will serve as a road map to lead you home any time you've been carried away captive.

"How happy you are, Israel! Who is like you, a people saved by the Lord?"
- Deuteronomy 33:29

I fear we may have become so legalistic in many of our Christian circles that we've dropped the word happy from our "religious" vocabulary. But sometimes God just plain makes me HAPPY! Call me immature, but picture me smiling.

Sure, I know that people are starving on the other side of the world. I'm deeply concerned for hurting people, and I pray for other nations every single day. But I also enjoy a happy moment in Jesus when it comes. Happiness is inappropriate when it's our goal, but not when it's God's momentary gift to us. Open it. Enjoy it. And remember it when times get tough.

God has somehow placed into the Christian's insides a special something, that extra inner reservoir of power that is more than a match for the stuff life throws at us. When in operation, phenomenal accomplishments are achieved, sometimes even miraculous.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
- Philippians 4:13

I firmly believe that an individual is never more Christ-like than when full of compassion for those who are down, needy, discouraged, or forgotten. How terribly essential is our commitment to encouragement!


"Encourage on another daily, as long as it is called Today."
- Hebrews 3:13

1 comment:

  1. Much of this is from Beth Moore's "Breaking Free Day By Day," & "The Grace of Encouragement" by Charles Swindoll.

    I hope you all have an amazing weekend!! :)

    Bless!
    -k-

    ReplyDelete